Thursday, August 5, 2010

Is someone throwing darts at you????

Do you ever feel like someone is following you around and throwing darts at you? LOL That's how I've felt the last few days.  What's interesting is that it all started happening after I read the book "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield.  It's soooooo good and everyone needs to read it.  It basically talks about Resistance in our lives.  It explains what resistance is and how to overcome it and that if we don't it'll prevent us from moving towards greatness.  WOW! 

So anyway, I read the book and loved the concepts taught and decided to implement those concepts into my behavior on a daily basis.  I decided if I was going to do this it would be done in all aspects of my life, my spiritual side, my relationships, our business, my emotional & physical life.  The whole cabootle.  After making this decision it was as if the world caved in on me all at once, like someone was following me around throwing darts at me. ARGH!  I can laugh about it now but not until I recognized those darts as resistance did it end and man I'm glad it's over.

Why am I sharing this with you? Well, because I know I'm not the only one that has had days that all the darts hit you at once and you just want to dig a whole and put yourself in it for awhile. ;)  I'm sharing this with you because if this is you right now in any aspect of your life you need to get the book and read it to understand what is happening.  Resistance (which I define as Satan) is determined each day to discourage you and put up blocks that get you to fail. If you are falling in your world of despair right now and accomplishing nothing except surviving each day you need to recognize the resistance and make changes.

If you find yourself blaming others for your frustrations or downfalls, that's resistance.
If you just want to sleep all day rather than face your circumstances, that's resistance.
If you are mad about the economy and use that excuse for your financial situation, that's resistance.
If you believe that no one wants to be a part of your business opportunity, that's resistance.
If you are too busy to do things that really matter to move you forward, that's resistance.

I think you get the drift.  Seriously, go to Amazon and order the book.  I think I paid like $9.00 and that included shipping and handling. The message is priceless.

I went into our 15 year olds room the other day and on his wall right next to his bed so he can see it everyday was "Do Something Successful EVERYDAY!" How cool is that???? :)

John and I wish only GREAT things for each of you. It's time to put your chin up, decide what it is you REALLY want in life, make a plan and then put the plan into action everyday until it happens!
My new favorite quote is.
"Create Your Day! Either you do something to create your day, or you react to your day and let it create you."

No comments: