Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Are you focusing on where you want to be?

Yesterday as I was riding my horse I had one of those "AH HA" moments, perhaps you might understand that analogy better as a "brick to the head" I wanted to share this experience with you.
First I will back up to the weekend. I had the opportunity to attend the Millionaire Mind Seminar by T. Harv Ecker. And all I have to say about that experience is "LIFE CHANGING" One thing (out of the millions of things) I learned was to have FOCUS in life.
Sorry this is choppy and please bare with me because I want to get to my point without a lot of blah, blah, blah. Yesterday my daughter Kimbri and I were out riding our horses. She is getting ready for her first official jumping show and I was working with my mare. One of the first rules of riding is to sit up tall and look in the direction that you want your horse to go and not look down at where you are. If you focus on where you are all of your weight shifts down to where you are and the horse won't move forward. When you are looking in the direction that you want to go your body shifts the proper weight and balance communicating with your horse that you want to go that way.
I was sitting there on Ivy thinking "that's exactly what life is like" We tend to focus on where we are rather than where we need to go. If I start losing focus and am gauking off not paying attention Ivy goes in the direction that I'm looking and then I have to refocus on getting her back in the direction I want to go. It takes more work, effort, and frustration to make that happen. It seems so simple to just pay attention rather than making it harder by not paying attention. DUH, right?
We so often in our lives and in our businesses focus on where we are, focus on our problems rather than looking at where we want to be. I have personally challenged myself to make life easier by focusing on what I want to happen in my life so that it can actually happen. T. Harv Ecker says it best "What you focus on expands." I also want to challenge you to really look at your life, your business and ask yourself "Am I where I want to be?" "Am I focusing on where I want to be?" Use my horse analogy and start focusing and putting your energy in the direction you want your life to go and start today.

No comments: